a peak into the new chapter of my life.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

On the road again

I will soon be "on the road again" as we head to Pennsylvania this evening. My cousin is getting married this Saturday at the Hershey Gardens! I'm soooo excited.
1) I love being with my family and I haven't seen that side of my family in over 4 years.
2) We (being my mom, 2 brothers, 2 sisters in law, myself, and baby kate) will all be together!
3) I love weddings and what they mean and everything it entails
4) Road trip with my mom, kenny and kelly means there will be plenty of got to pee your pants laughing moments

So I helped mow my brother's lawn today and I don't think I have ever sweat that much in my entire life, and granted, I can be a pretty sweaty person. ha. It was literally dripping off my nose as I was pushing the mower and trimming some hedges and weeds.

I also encountered my first snake since moving here. Yes I know it was little, but still... it's a SNAKE! I'd like to think I'm one tough cookie and I can handle anything. I am a strong woman, but it is inevitable that sometimes I am a prissy girl. Had I been by myself I would have dealt with the snake (I've encountered them in my past before), but because my sister in law was there, I let her kill it. I was the accomplice as I handed her the shovel and she proceeded to jab it until it slithered no more. We think it was a baby copperhead. Poisonous little devil.

I know I said I would let you know what my plans and ideas were... but you're just going to have to wait a little longer until I get back from Pennsylvania. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend because I know I will ;) What kind of shenanigans will my family manage to get into this weekend? We shall see...

No comments: