a peak into the new chapter of my life.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friends?

Today is a good day.. so far.. and I believe it will only get better. I went into Starbucks at 6:45 this morning and it ended up being busy, which is great! I'm having lots of fun with my co-workers because I can just be my sarcastic, goofy self and they love it. ha. I mean who wouldn't? I'm finally starting to feel a little "settled".. not like I'm on vacation anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still miss my MI family, friends and dancers soooooo much... but I know I'm starting a new life here. I'm going to make a phone call here in a bit about meeting with someone at Duke. I figure.. I need to just think about what I really like and DO IT. I tried to teach my dancers about self confidence and working hard for what you want... so why don't I do that for myself? I need to stop worrying about fitting this mold, a timeline of when I'm supposed to have a certain job or get married, or taking out loans if I want to go back to school. I don't know why it took me this long to figure all that out and actually do something about it. ha. oh well.

Well I must head out to go to the store and my mom's school. I'm her assistant today. She needs a lil help sometimes. Don't we all? Maybe I'll be back later...

No comments: