a peak into the new chapter of my life.

Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm bad at this

I've been quite terrible at keeping this updated. Give me a break people... I'm learning? Or I'm just lazy at times. I'm still adjusting to life in NC and I'm not going to get all woe is me, pity party... but it's different! I didn't expect everything to fall into my lap, but it's weird starting over at the age of 24. I have a lot of questions for myself and a lot to yet discover about me and where I'm headed in this life. I do know that for the last 6 years I was a student, a best friend, a roommate, a dedicated employee, and a coach. Now that I've moved states, "started over," I'm not quite sure what I want or "who I am." I don't have a label, I don't have lots of people to take care of, and I don't have a lot of responsibilities as of yet. I do know that I'm surrounded by 3 of the greatest family members I could ask for and I'm excited to be there for them as they are for me while I start this new chapter. (although I miss the michigander family members very much) I miss all my Michigan friends and relationships very much. Even though life goes on, I still think about the life I had in Michigan and all the wonderful memories.

Okay... I'm sure that's enough mumbo jumbo for y'all (figured I'd try it out since I'm now a southern gal) Oh and by the way... I still don't call it "soda." It's POP, people... POP! And another thing about the south; I love the names they have for their businesses.
1. I can eat at BOJANGLES (think of the song everytime)
2. I get gas at SHEETS (poop... have the sheets)
3. Grocery shop at HARRIS TEETERS (do I really have to say what I think?)
My favorite Harris Teeters experience... back when I came to visit my mother after she first lived here and was in an apt, we decided we needed a late night snack. This is no longer suburbia land where you can get anything you want when you want it. No 24 hour stores at almost every major intersection. Our only option? Harris Teeters. We enter the bitter coldness of the grocery store in our pajamas, including mickey mouse plaid boxers my mother once bought for my brother and me in a dance t-shirt of course. Late night Harris Teeters with cold cold air means you're gonna get some teeters.

And lastly, I'll leave you with an update of our little vay-cay in PA. The road trip there included lots of memories from our childhoods which included a lot of laughs about cadbury eggs, bullies, pee/poop in the pants, and embarrassing moments such as grabbing for a bouncy ball in a boy's lap and literally grabbing a ball. All 6 of us... woah, there's 7 of us now with baby Kate... were able to stay at my Aunt Jan's house. So many memories in that house. Summer routines on the trampoline, Cujo in the barn, tea parties, uncle trying to scare us in the dark and the wonderful scenery of the woods and animals. Unfortunately Hurricane Hannah would not allow the beautiful Hershey Garden outdoor wedding to take place. But we rallied together and decorated the church till the wee hours of the morning and before the wedding the next day. The best part was being with everyone and seeing family that I haven't seen in over 4 years... and some... since I was very very young. The drive back was interesting enough as we had a young man approach my brother in the van, another man in the parking lot, and myself outside burger king... asking for gas money. He and his friends were quite angry as they zoomed off IN THEIR CAR. Pretty sure we saw them a few miles later stopped by the police. ha. Don't feel sorry for you. For the rest of the ride you could hear me say "did you fart again" or extreme laughter about nothing, or absolute silence. We made it home in one piece with no deer accidents this time. Darn deer.

That's all you get from me folks. Enjoy!

No comments: