a peak into the new chapter of my life.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Close Call

I'll start off with a little story. Today being Sunday, I headed to church with my mom. I was dressed in my cute brown/cream striped button up dress with a brown belt and my turquoise wedges. (my mom has shrunk over the years and while wearing 4 inch wedges, i was able to see what it feels like to be taller than other people... it's a whole different world i tell you) So we're standing in church singing away and the next thing I know my ankle decides to give out. The only problem was that my entire weight was on that leg and mind you, my ankle had 4 inches to go before it hit the ground. Needless to say, I was about to be a goner but thankfully my hands were gently resting on the chairs in front of me. I reacted so quick that I just pulled myself right up and made some sort of noise in the process and just kept singing away. I'm surprised I didn't hear any laughs behind me... because you know I would have been laughing if I had seen someone do that.

Today was a good day minus the close call fall, our bad service at lunch, and the blister I got on my left pinkie toe. My mom and I got lots of healthy groceries so we can start our detox tomorrow and I got some more organization items for my bedroom and bathroom. yay! Oh how I love to organize. Speaking of... when we got home I made my mom help me clean out and organize her refrigerator, freezer and pantry. That's what I like to call a good time. Then I went on a 4.5 mile brisk walk with my sis-in-law. I decided to make her do lunges when we got back to my mom's street... not realizing the 4.5 mile walk through the NC hills took more of a toll on my leg muscles than I thought. I thought my right hamstring muscle had given up and curled up into a ball. To close out the evening I made some delicious homemade chicken salad for mother and I to eat tomorrow.

I'm going to try out a new routine tomorrow and I have a lot I want to accomplish. Will I find a job or a school??? We shall see...

No comments: